Our research and development works.
The use of oscillating wings produced by the companies mentioned above can be sufficiently extended. Our high technology is based on operation of wind power and hydroelectric generators in the field of nonlinear aero-hydrodynamical modes and construction of vehicle as a whole oscillative system (KNOW-HOW).
1. Evaluation scheme of kinetic, dynamical and energy characteristics of oscillating wing in quasi-stationary water-flow mode has been developed.
2. A basis of experimental results of wing oscillations in nonlinear oscillative mode has been formed.
3. An experimental research method of kinetic, dynamical and energy characteristics of oscillating wing as an oscillative system has been developed.
4. Principles of mechanical energy transmission and conditioning from approaching flow to electric generator are developed.
5. Energy conversion technique from mechanical to electrical has been worked out.
6. A method and program of vehicle calculation as a whole oscillative system has been developed.
7. Patents on wind power and hydroelectric generators with oscillating working parts (wings, cylinders, slats and other) for 80 years period have been collected.
8. Groundwork for theory of wind power and hydroelectric generators with oscillating wing has been laid.
9. Calculation method of elastic body for energy transmission has been worked out.
Advantages of using nonlinear oscillative aero-hydrodynamical modes:
1. Lift coefficient increases. Wing water-flow stall occurs at much larger attach angles; as the result, flow energy extraction increases and generator will start operating at lower flow speed.
2. Implementation of more effective wing oscillation laws. Energy extraction simultaneously with the help of lift and frictional forces affecting the wing.
3. Reduction of hydrodynamical and aero-dynamical drag with the help of water -flow elements and oscillations.
4. Usage of added elasticity (elasticity caused by vortex structure of fluid body near oscillating wing). It will lead to volume increase of fluid medium participating in aero-hydrodynamical interaction with oscillating wing and, as the result, increasing of effective hydraulic square and coefficient of flow energy extraction.
5. Due to vortex structure near oscillating wing effective hydraulic square can be increased several times (see fig. 3-5).
It will lead to increase of energy extraction at the same wing oscillation amplitude.
Simultaneously power load per unit of effective hydraulic square will be reduced what leads to increase of energy efficiency of approaching flow. In result of using the effects mentioned in points 4-5 its possible to extract much more energy than a common wind-hydrogenerator can. It will lead to reduction of incremental setting and electric energy production cost.
Construction of vehicle as a whole oscillative system will give the following advantages:
1. It will lead to increase of flow energy extraction and cheapening of construction;
2. Using of added elasticity instead of (or additionally) elastic member of the wing construction. It will lead to simplification and cheapening of the construction.
3. Using of special distribution of elastic and weight wing characteristics for conformance of external power supply with input characteristics of transmitting matching element. Due to these elements extraction of flow kinetic energy increases.
4. Usage of special transmitting matching elements for conformance of flow dynamic and kinematic characteristics with loading (power user). It will lead to matching of energy transmission from energy resource to generator (otherwise, energy will turn back to the flow). Also with the help of these elements complex wing space trajectory is created which extracts energy not only with the help of lift force but friction force also.
5. Application of adaptive microprocessor control system will lead to ultimate output. 6. Implementation of physical effects for extracting additional kinetic energy from latent heat energy and waters pillar potential energy or atmosphere pressure:
1. Rodionov B.N., Sorokodum E.D. Vortex energy// Construction material, equipment and technologies of XX Century. — 2001, 3(26). нќін°ё,29.
2. Sorokodoum E. Vortex heat-generators // New Energy Technologies. Issue # 2(5), March-Aprel 2002, p.17-18.).
See our website: http://www.vortexosc.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=70
Considering our results and offers, wind power and hydroelectric stations with oscillating wings will have much better aero-hydrodynamic and power characteristics compared to traditional ones (see fig.6).
| Fig.6 Different types of wind generators with rotating operating elements (from the book written by Lavrus)
On fig.7. Values of wing energy efficiency for different wind generators with rotating operating elements are given (digital notations on fig.7 correspond to those on fig.6)
|Fig.7. Wind energy efficiency of different wind generators.
On fig.7. Also approximate values of wind energy efficiency for wind generators with oscillating working elements are given. So it follows that the most powerful wind generators can be developed if to switch from quasi-stationary to nonlinear oscillation mode.
Wind-hydrogenerators with oscillating working elements can reduce several times setting cost and electric energy expenses. Its possible to assimilate production of generators suggested above from 0.1 kW to 100mW. They can be used to extract energy of wind, minor and large river flows, tidal and other sea currents.
We know how to develop wind, flow and wave energy converters basing on use of nonlinear oscillative aero-hydrodynamics and oscillative mechanics.